Here is an excellent video illustrating the transformation of communication that Social Media has brought us. Its power to reach billions instantly is only one of the advantages. If your business does not learn to leverage it, your competitors will use social media marketing against you. Check out the video by Socialnomics…
The first thing other interactive agencies may cite now in terms of social media marketing proof is the Old Spice Guy viral campaign but here is a great chart I ran across while reading this article on Mashable called 4 Winning Strategies for Social Media Optimization and a report called Social: The Next Search from Gigya.
Both are definitely worth reading if you are in the space and I am sure to be referring to both several times myself. As you can clearly see in this chart created with data from Compete that social networks are excellent drivers of traffic. A fact that must scare the hell out of Google (GOOG).
I’m not one to mince words, so I tell my clients that social media connects a brand with its customers in new ways which will definitely facilitate sales if the brand is good. But on top of that, all is fair in love, war and business so when new weaponry emerges you must get acquainted with it before your competitors leverage it against you.
Here are a few other useful articles on the subject I have handy.
- Social Media Optimization: User Reviews On Google Part 2 (convonix.com)
- Social Media Optimization for Public Relations (toprankblog.com)
- 4 Winning Strategies for Social Media Optimization (mashable.com)
- Ideal Structure for Your Social Media Landing Page Part 1 (convonix.com)
- Zog Media Launches Social Media Optimization with PitchEngine (eon.businesswire.com)