Here is an excellent video illustrating the transformation of communication that Social Media has brought us. Its power to reach billions instantly is only one of the advantages. If your business does not learn to leverage it, your competitors will use social media marketing against you. Check out the video by Socialnomics…
“Upgrade HootSuite account and install the “Hootlet” for Google Chrome Web Browser“
There are literally dozens of tools out there right now that say you can manage social media marketing campaigns (and get good analytics) but for everyday people and small businesses I say use HootSuite. Unfortunately though, my Android and Ipad Apps for HootSuite still seem to be a bit behind TweetDeck, but I am still testing.
Also, dont just take my word for it. Try some of the top social media marketing and management tools and let me know what you think;
- 22 Social Media Marketing Management Tools
- Roundup: Social Media Monitoring Tools
- 10 Small Business Social Media Marketing Tips
- HootSuite Adds OpenID Login Options [TNW Canada] (thenextweb.com)
- HootSuite drops the bomb – paid accounts – but it’s a lot better than you might think (techvibes.com)
- Three questions about Twitter’s new in-stream ads (econsultancy.com)
- HootSuite now available for BlackBerry (techvibes.com)
- 10 Tips to Develop a Content and Social Media Marketing Strategy (admaven.blogspot.com)
- HootSuite delivers a post-Halloween treat with Promoted Products update (techvibes.com)
- HootSuite Joins the Constant Contact Partner Program as a Co-Marketing Partner (eon.businesswire.com)
- Twitter Drops Tweets Into Users’ Streams: A Visual First Look (blogs.forbes.com)
- Twitter drops ads into timelines (sfgate.com)
- Twitter drops ads into timelines (seattlepi.com)
- HootSuite for Android Updated with Facebook Functions (intomobile.com)
- HootSuite Goes Freemium (mashable.com)
- 5 Tips for Startup Success From HootSuite Co-Founder (techvibes.com)
- 8+ tools for upgrading your Twitter experience (e1evation.com)
- HootSuite Adds Promoted Tweets in Timelines From Twitter (Dave Olson/HootSuite blog) (techmeme.com)
- HootSuite Twitter and Facebook Client for BlackBerry Launched (intomobile.com)
The first thing other interactive agencies may cite now in terms of social media marketing proof is the Old Spice Guy viral campaign but here is a great chart I ran across while reading this article on Mashable called 4 Winning Strategies for Social Media Optimization and a report called Social: The Next Search from Gigya.
Both are definitely worth reading if you are in the space and I am sure to be referring to both several times myself. As you can clearly see in this chart created with data from Compete that social networks are excellent drivers of traffic. A fact that must scare the hell out of Google (GOOG).
I’m not one to mince words, so I tell my clients that social media connects a brand with its customers in new ways which will definitely facilitate sales if the brand is good. But on top of that, all is fair in love, war and business so when new weaponry emerges you must get acquainted with it before your competitors leverage it against you.
Here are a few other useful articles on the subject I have handy.
- Social Media Optimization: User Reviews On Google Part 2 (convonix.com)
- Social Media Optimization for Public Relations (toprankblog.com)
- 4 Winning Strategies for Social Media Optimization (mashable.com)
- Ideal Structure for Your Social Media Landing Page Part 1 (convonix.com)
- Zog Media Launches Social Media Optimization with PitchEngine (eon.businesswire.com)
Semantic Search Tag Cloud
America Android Business Business Cards Class Actions Design Education Facebook Gigya Gmail Google Google Alerts Google Buzz HootSuite Hunger Law Logo Design Logo Designers Marketing Marketing and Advertising Poverty Poverty-Kills Privacy Publishers Search engine optimization Search Engines Security Settlements Social Media Social Media Marketing Social Media Optimization Social network Social Networks Starving-Children Tech Technology Tools TweetDeck Twitter United States United States District Court for the Northern District of California User Data Privacy Web Design Web Designers WordPress